If you or a loved one has struggled with substance use issues for an extended time, then you are probably well aware of the discouragement and despair that comes with chronic relapse. But failing and then continuing to seek help is a natural part of the process. There is no reason to accept the guilt and shame that can build when this happens repeatedly, especially if your treatment provider is happy to blame you and your commitment.
Not all recovery programs are the same, and unfortunately, there are still many that use outdated methods or techniques that are not evidence-based. The good news is that real medicated-assisted treatment that has lasting effects are out there. Give yourself the knowledge that will allow you to tell the difference.
Look for an Ethical and Transparent Addiction Treatment Center
New Jersey Addiction Treatment providers with strong methods based on solid science and research are not afraid to answer questions. Any good recovery center should be willing to walk you through their entire treatment process without shying away from challenging complexities, and they should definitely be happy to answer any questions about medical licensing and their rates of success.
Great providers like Next Wind Recovery constantly adapt and draw lessons from current research. At our center in Englewood, clients can also expect empathetic and caring attention from the first phone call.
Next Wind Recovery provides addiction therapy with these highly effective tools:
- Behavioral therapies – Research tells us that intensive counseling with a focus on altering thought and behavior patterns surrounding the client’s addiction must be a cornerstone of a successful program. Next Wind Recovery’s mental health professionals treat all aspects of addiction, including any possible co-occurring disorders like anxiety or depression. We also make sure that our clients receive a personalized mix of individual and group therapy.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) with doctor oversight – In many cases, especially if alcohol or opioids are involved, a doctor should prescribe and monitor special detox medications that reduce cravings and prevent dangerous withdrawal symptoms during detox.
- Aftercare, scheduling, and monitoring that is flexible and personalized — Comparative research into detox and rehab show that there is an advantage to programs that are willing to adapt with the client to meet their needs. Next Wind Recovery’s intensive outpatient program (IOP) allows clients to keep their jobs and their lives while also maintaining careful oversight and continuing contact after treatment.
We believe in the effectiveness of our treatments. Learn more about our center by reaching out to our team today.
Professionals at Next Wind Recovery Know the Red Flags of Relapse
If you or someone you love has experienced chronic relapse after going through different treatment programs, it is important to know why it didn’t succeed. Our doctors and therapists are well-aware of common pitfalls in ineffective therapy like:
- Untreated or ignored co-occurring mental health disorders
- Isolation and loneliness in programs that do not encourage positive contact with other clients and the greater community
- Poorly monitored or treated withdrawal symptoms (in some cases these can be life-threatening)
- Lack of a well-developed support network of professionals and peers that extends beyond scheduled time in the outpatient clinic
Never assume that your failures are permanent or your fault. We know that lasting recovery is possible, as long as your professional team is dedicated to the most effective methods of support.
Take Control of Your Life by Calling Next Wind Recovery Today
Give yourself the chance to see how far you can go with the right support. Call us at 201.331.6569 to ask anything you are still worried about or don’t understand, and let us explain how our customized treatments will give you the most effective tools and advantages to beat chemical dependence permanently.