The COVID-19 pandemic and the shutdowns used to manage it has dragged on long enough to up-end most people’s life plans in some significant way. Medically, there have been too many effects to count. This includes people who are struggling with addiction and need professional help to succeed.
Following the changes in the science of social distancing can be bewildering, and it’s not unreasonable to worry about yourself or a family member going into outpatient addiction detox and treatment in the middle of all this. But there are some good reasons that you should.
Five Advantages of Outpatient Detox and Rehab
Here are five advantages to starting a treatment plan immediately:
- The baseline damage to your immune system already puts you at greater risk for infection from COVID-19 and other diseases – If you are struggling with a substance use disorder, your memory and cognition are compromised, which means risky, impulsive behaviors and mistakes, like forgetting to put on a mask in the subway. Start detox now and lower your odds of infection.
- Next Wind Recovery is a licensed medical facility – We have doctors and other health professionals on staff who ensure that all contact with and between clients is above and beyond CDC standards. We will also help you learn how to take better care of yourself at home.
- Going through an IOP with well-monitored detox means that you keep your life and your job – One of the biggest stressors/triggers in the pandemic has been loss of employment. By enrolling in an IOP that is scheduled around your job, you won’t have to worry, and your recovery progress will also lower the chances of unemployment due to the disruptions of your substance use.
- Excellent detox and recovery programs like Next Wind Recovery take a holistic view of your treatment – Just as your immune system is compromised by substance use, so is your ability to maintain good mental health, personal hygiene, and strong connections with family and friends. Our counselors want your life to improve overall, not just remove your substance use.
- An IOP will give you the chance to learn, and bond with other clients in detox and recovery – Strong connections with empathetic people are an invaluable part of lasting success. By creating a medically supervised environment, we allow you to build a safety net that would otherwise be difficult to find during the pandemic.
The Outpatient Addiction Detox Team at Next Wind Recovery Is Ready to Help
Once you make that courageous decision to stop using a substance that is wrecking your life, we want you to use our expert support to see results immediately. Our program includes:
- Group therapy – This professionally guided discussion group is the core of our IOP. It lets you learn real-life skills from other clients who will also become your support network, ready and engaged with detox and ongoing rehab.
- Intensive individual therapy – Your treatment plan will be carefully personalized by doctors and therapists, with a holistic view towards your recovery. If there are any co-occurring mental health issues that are feeding into your struggle with addiction, they will also be identified and treated at the same time.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Depending on your level of need, a doctor might recommend that you receive medication during your detox to lessen any possible dangerous withdrawal symptoms that may arise. Rest assured that our team is watching your progress closely.
Call Us Today and Get Ahead of the Pandemic Slump
Next Wind Recovery understands that the isolation and anxiety of the pandemic have been especially hard. But don’t fear the situation. Call us and learn what you can do about it at 201.331.6569, or learn more about our programs online.